Monday 1 September 2014

Malaysia's 57th Independence Day!

Hey everyone! 

This is a rather late post. Still, I just want to take this chance to wish all my Malaysian friends, Happy 57th Independence Day! :)

Malaysia's 57th Independence Day Nails lacqueerisa.blogspot.com

For this patriotic occasion, I decided to attempt a Hibiscus flower inspired nail art. I used Malaysia's flag colour as the main theme for this nail art and even had the song Jalur Gemilang playing in my head while doing this. Hahaha! Can't be helped right? Especially, when painting them... ♪Merahmu bara semangat waja ♫Putihmu bersih budi pekerti ♪Kuning berdaulat, payung negara ♫Biru, perpaduan kami semua...  Oh yeah, the green has nothing to do with the flag colours, I added it because I thought it will help elevate the whole look. :)

Malaysia's 57th Independence Day Nails lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
The art style for this nail art is inspired by Hibiscus vector arts I saw around the internet. And used as references while attempting this. Ha, it seems easy in concept, but it was really tricky for me to execute. However, the struggles were all worth it as I think they did turned out well. :D

Malaysia's 57th Independence Day Nails lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
By the way, just for your information... the Hibiscus is Malaysia's national flower hence why I used it for this occasion. The Hibiscus is chosen as our National flower, because it's red colour represents courage and its 5 petals represents the 5 Rukun Negara. I don't know the english translation for that, but its somewhat like the 5 main principles of the nation.  :) 

Malaysia's 57th Independence Day Nails lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
And yeap, that's it for today. Oh yeah, you would have noticed, the awkward thumb. Hahaha, last month I tried to grab a door but my hand slipped, soooooooo my thumb's nail suffered a bit. Haha, thankfully, no blood scene at all, just a slight crack -- still growing it out! :)

Hope you have enjoyed today's post. And to my Malaysian friends, enjoy your Monday! :D

Nail polishes used:
  • Etude House Play Nail - #1
  • Etude House Play Nail - #87
  • Revlon - Revlon Red 
  • Maxfactor Glossfinity - Cobalt Blue
  • The Face Shop - YL702



10 comments:

  1. Margriet Sijperda1 September 2014 at 02:34

    Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Happy Independence Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gillian from PlumeriaPainted2 September 2014 at 05:24

    This looks so nice!! The hibiscuses are painted SO well and they look lovely!! Hibiscuses are some of my favourite flowers and the way you incorporated the colours of Malaysia into the design is brilliant!! Just a generally fabulous design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margriet!! Thank you very much! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamit24!! Thank you! Really glad you think so :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ana!! Thank you so much for the wishes and for liking this nail art look ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much! I'm so glad you like them! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Gillian! Thank you so much! You know, it just dawn on me that I hardly painted Hibiscus. I really should try it more often, they are very fun to paint and great alternative to floral/summer nail arts. And thank you for the compliments, I really appreciate them ^_^ ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!