Tuesday 16 July 2013

Swatch: Peripera OR406 & The Face Shop CMX324


Good Evening! Somehow I've not been feeling very inspired lately or there's too many I want to do that I ended up clueless on which nail art to do. Hahaha! Classic, eh? Well, no fear! When in doubt, swatches shall take over! Fortunately, I have tons of nail polish still awaiting me to swatch them for you. :P 

Lacqueerisa: Peripera (Rose Scent) OR406

So this is Peripera Rose OR406, which is actually rose scented nail polish. It's a yellow creme polish which leans towards the orange side. You would have seen me used this polish a few times before in my nail arts, but I have been procrastinating on the swatch. Hahaha! I bought this at Watsons. This collection priced at MYR 15.90 each. 

Lacqueerisa: Peripera (Rose Scent) OR406

Formula wise, it's pretty opaque. On my nails are two coats each. As for application, it was rather streaky on first coat, but definitely obtained decent coverage on second. Somehow, these doesn't dry glossy. It's not exactly what I'd call matte finish either. I think it dries a wax finish? Dry time - not too long. The scent however, could be strong or mild or acceptable depending on individual. For me, it's alright. 

Lacqueerisa: Peripera (Rose Scent) OR406

Well, all I can say is this is really a beautiful orange-y yellow (or sunny yellow) to get. I love this bright yellow shade which feels like the right kind of yellow to have in my collection. Best of all, opaque in just two coats! Great to wear alone and excellent for nail arts! :)

Lacqueerisa: The Face Shop CMX324 Glam Stud

Here's another goodie I got from The Face Shop. I bought it together with 02 Vanilla Sugar Yogurt. However, this one is priced slightly more expensive, MYR 16.90. Which, I sort of don't mind because I've been wanting a black and white glitter topper for soooooo loooongggggggg :)

Lacqueerisa: The Face Shop CMX324 Glam Stud

Macro shot of the glitter. You can see that it's matte mix of glitters in all sorts of shapes. From bars to hexagons to squares in various sizes. (okay, just the squares. the bars are mostly just 1 size and there's a hint of diamond shapes in there too).

Lacqueerisa: The Face Shop CMX324 Glam Stud

I was going to swatch it over black or white polish, but I figured it would be redundant as doing so will just eat up either of the glitter colours. Since the whole point of swatching is to show you just how gorgeous/wonderful this polish is I've decided to swatch them over Peripera Rose OR406, which compliments this polish very well. 

Lacqueerisa: The Face Shop CMX324 Glam Stud

Sad to say, that the glitters in The Face Shop CMX324 Glam Stud is rather sparse. Using the same technique, on my nails are all two coats of coverage except for the thumb, which took three coats instead (well, it's wider...hahaha!).  But still turned out rather alright, eh? :) 

Lacqueerisa: Squares and Meshes

Contributing to my recent obsession with meshes and squares, here's a simple nail art to go with this combo. Hahaha, when I was done with them, they kinda reminded me of Barbecued Corns. Usually at this point, I'd share how hungry I am but I'm not. Cause I don't eat corns ;P Haha!!

Heh, I'm really looking forward to more new lines introduced by The Face Shop. They did a good job with these recent ones! Till the next post! :)


16 comments:

  1. Your pictures are honestly amazing - I absolutely love this combination! TFS nail polishes are one of my favourites. <3
    Junniku.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gillian from Plumeria1916 July 2013 at 20:28

    Eeeeeeee black and white glitter!! Lovely swatches!! I really like those squares, multiple coats are always worth it. I'm sad that I couldn't find these at the face shop...more reason to keep looking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both polishes seem very pretty. They look even more awesome on your nail art, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I love it too! There's just something about yellow, white and black that just goes so well together! Haha! TFS are definitely in my fav list now ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Yeah, if they do give decent amount of coverage, it's good. I'd dislike glitter toppers that are wayyy too sparse. =/ Too tedious that way. Hahaha! Anyways, ohh perhaps it's not out in your area yet? Hahaha, or bug the sales ladies there see if you could roughly get to know when it'd arrive at stores :) Yeap, don't give up!!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thank you so much! You're so sweet :) I'm glad you're loving them too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. JosieLovesShoes17 July 2013 at 06:44

    I love these, they're so unique! xxx


    www.josielovesshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! :) I'm glad you love them! Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. They remind me of tetris blocks, kinda? xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. idk why but they remind me of new york hihi ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! Thank you! Hahahaha! I can totally see that too! How interesting to know we see different 'things' from the same picture :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha! I wonder if it's because they are the colours for cabs? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yun, The Polish Hideout22 July 2013 at 11:37

    What a fun, bright yellow! And I love how you paired it with the black and white... the final result is so cute! :D


    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah it is! I love this yellow! There was a yellow car with black lines and white lines which passed by. I can't help but noticed how good they look together! I don't think there was a time I thought they look bad! :D I'm glad you love this colour combo too! Hahahaha! Thank you so much! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!