Tuesday 28 May 2013

More Ice-Creams!

Hello! As much as I always seem to be complaining about Malaysia's hot hot hot weather, I'm super grateful for it too. Because, hey! It could have been worst :) And due to our hot and humid weather, one can never run out of reasons to dive for a good ice-cream treat! Recently I discovered Liquid Nitrogen Gas ice-creams while on a window shopping treat, and guess what? They are the best ice-creams I've ever tasted so far! The smooth texture is irresistible! So I've done two notd, (they are the same though..) inspired by ice-creams (not really). 

Lacqueerisa: Strawberry Ice-Cream Nails
Lacqueerisa: Strawberry Ice-Cream Nails

First up, on my right hand, is Strawberry Ice-Cream Nails! Truth be told though, they were not inspired by ice-cream. Instead, they were a manifestation of my cravings for more white chocolate strawberry taste since I tasted them last weekend (not the recent weekend, the week before). But last Thursday I saw this new ice-cream outlet that seem to open not too long ago and they were having promotion 30% discount in conjunction with introducing their liquid nitrogen ice-cream to customers. Freshly made on the spot for you! After looking through the menu, I ordered watermelon gelato ice-cream however, they told me they ran out of watermelons, and suggested Strawberry Cheesecake instead. I'm not too much of a cheese fan, so I requested if there are any available for testing. Seriously, I felt so bad after that. The staffs specifically made some on the spot for me to taste it. I was so touched by their kindness! *sheds tears of joy* How could I not buy after that, right? 

Lacqueerisa: Strawberry Ice-Cream Nails
Lacqueerisa: Strawberry Ice-Cream Nails

Well, it did not disappoint. Rather exceeded my expectations. I had not expect to love it as much as I did. And it was so smooth! And there were no seeds hahahaha! (I usually avoid fruits ice-cream or berries for I really hate having seeds in my mouth. hahahaha!! the tongue doesn't like it). But but, this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice-Cream was awesome!! And.. as tribute to the wonderful taste of ice-cream, I've called this look Strawberry Ice-Cream Nails. Hahahha! Yes, all that long story just to explain the name. :P

Nail Polishes Used

I started off with two coats of Holika Holika White polish followed by a coat of Color Combos CBL 107. Using a coarse sponge, I dabbed Sally Hansen Cherry Red lightly for a scattered and abstract placement of colours onto the nails. Since the idea is to get a random speckled look, make sure you don't have too much polish on the sponge. Then I layered over another coat of Color Combos CBL107. Using the same technique, I used the coarse sponge and dabbed on lightly Sasatinnie Strawberry. Sealing the designs with topcoat.


I was really pleased when I was done with my right hand. Looking at the left, ah! let's do a blueberry one ;) 

Lacqueerisa: Blueberry Ice-Cream Nails
Lacqueerisa: Blueberry Ice-Cream Nails

Oddly though, I don't think I've tasted Blueberry Ice-Cream. I usually go for watermelon flavours or mint chocolate chips or coffee? Hahahha! Thanks to my nails that were inspired by Etude House Blueberry Ice-Cream, I'm going to give blueberry ice-cream a try sometime. Lol! 

Lacqueerisa: Blueberry Ice-Cream Nails
Lacqueerisa: Blueberry Ice-Cream Nails

If you've noticed, only my last pictures have an ice-cream there as an accent. They were added last minute. Unfortunately, my right hand can't seem to paint ice-cream cones and ice-creams well. hahahhaha!! I was shocked. I was under the impression that cones and ice-cream couldn't be that hard to paint. I was wrong. But the hand, did it's best. So.. yeah. Anyway, I love my ice-creams without toppings. Because, what I really want to taste is the ice-cream and not the toppings. So I'd always order them topless (hahahhahahha!!) 

Lacqueerisa: Blueberry Ice-Cream Nails

The process is pretty much the same. Started with two coats of Etude House Blueberry followed by dabbing on BK09 with sponge. Since Etude House Blueberry isn't sheer, I went with OPI Care to Danse? to layer it over the effect. Then I used Tip Top South Africa In The Navy! as the finishing sponging touch. Top them off with topcoat. 

And that's it for today. I hope it's not too sweet for your tastes. Have you tried Liquid Nitrogen Gas Ice-Creams? What do you think of them? Love it? Hate it? What do you seek in an ice-cream?

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Cool mani! Like your accents! :) Lucky you to taste such a yummy!)) I haven't seen this new product in Russia yet but I'll be waiting eagerly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we have that kind of ice cream here in NL, but it sounds very tasty!
    The nail art looks awesome, and the ice creams are cute accents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Hehe, they are simple though! :) Yeah, we're rather fortunate here. Blessed with tons of variety of desserts/food! Food is part of our tourism attraction!! ;D I hope the 'trend' goes to Russia soon, so you will be able to have a taste of it! It's really delicious! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Ohh I hope it reaches your area soon too! I really love it, and recommend everyone to try it when you can! :D Haha!! Yes! Ice-creams always so cute to accessorised with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't complain about your weather, hun cause I really, really envy you for that now! We have 10°C in germany, it's raining all day long, some cities are already flooded O_O And it's JUNE already WTH?

    I can't even go outside and enjoy an ice cream (doesn't mean that I won't enjoy it inside hihi). I'm not so into strawberry ice cream but strawberry cheesecake is one of my favs and I like everything with nuts in it. But when it comes to chocolate flavors I'm very picky. xD
    Haven't tried blueberry as well.. I should look out for that.

    Your nails makes me want summer even more and reminds me how much I actually miss it >///< And seriously, your last minute ideas are always the best! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha!! Okay okay, I shall be more grateful. =P Whoa, 10 degree during June? That is crazyyyy >_<" It's suppose to be summer now right?

    Yeah, I'm not a fan of strawberry ice-creams either. But that Strawberry Cheesecake flavour is heavenly! Definitely one that goes into my book of cravings! ;) Haha!! That can't be help. With flavours as common as chocolate, one has to go for the best! XD

    I hope the sun comes out from it's hiding place soon! So even you can enjoy ice-cream under the sun! :) Thank you so much, Anhy! Your comments always make me smile ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!