Wednesday 20 February 2013

Feeling A Little Under The Weather

...well, sort of. I think?

Hi everyone! No, I'm not sick or anything. This nail colour combination is inspired by a wristlet I've received for Christmas. I love it. At first I thought of incorporating the design on the wristlet onto my nails, but I changed my mind, kept the colours though. ;P And these colours, they inspired or somehow possessed the talent of affecting my mood turning it a little grey. A little soft whisper of sadness lingering somewhere. Haha. :)

Lacqueerisa: Under The Weather
So okay, perhaps some of you might question why did I pair geometries with clouds and little raindrops. Well, the idea I had was to attempt subtle hue (pastel hues) manicure and because I love the colours together I figured there's no better way than wearing them in geometric forms. At least, that was the idea before the colours started whispering a subtle yet sweet melancholy tune (did that make sense? lol).

Lacqueerisa: Under The Weather

I started off with two thin coats of Essence Nude glam - Toffee to Go on each nail except the index and the middle one. Then, using my stripper brush, painted on the triangles in varying forms with my pastel polishes. 

Lacqueerisa: Under The Weather

When I was done with the geometries, that was when I 'heard' the whispers and the idea of doing a cloud half moon with raindrops as accents pops up. Here's where I inserted a little 'fun' idea having the clouds in warm colour, contrasting it with blue pastel raindrops over grey background. I thought they were a great match to depict the conflicting feelings I felt while attempting this nail art. 

Lacqueerisa: Under The Weather

And that is how this nail art happened. Haha! Kinda weird, right? But I love the clouds! Besides, I'm also glad I've finally put my pastel colours to good use. Hopefully there'd be more pastel colours inspired mani to come. I wonder, how do pastels affect you? 

Lacqueerisa: Under The Weather

Nail polishes and tools used:

  • Dotting tool
  • Stripper Brush
  • Colour Combos - CBL114
  • Colour Combos - CBL101
  • 17 - Chaperone
  • Elianto - Thistle 
  • Essence Nude Glam - Toffee to Go
  • Elianto - S09


10 comments:

  1. It looks super good :) But I get where the sadness comes from... The clouds and raindrops (teardrops?) show some melancholy. Either way it's gorgeous, and the colors rocked together :) Maybe a different pattern will cheer you up next time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm alright. Your gorgeous blue and gold manicure totally cheered me up! I think I'm gonna have to have some on my nails soon too :D (the other hand is a blank canvas at the moment, perfect timing? XD) haha!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color combo! Your geometry nails remind me broken glass, which is also maintain the theme of melancholy. I like pastel colors very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh my, you're right! They do resemble broken glasses. I was just thinking about colour blocking the pastels with triangles in scattered form. Hmm, serendipity in nail art? ;D

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful! Definitely unique, pairing pastel and geometric with raindrops! I love soft pastel colours, they remind me of a warm spring day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is wonderful! I think I'm feeling inspired to attempt a warm spring day palette mani soon ;D

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the soft, slightly moody colors you used! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you love the colours! :)

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!