Friday 23 November 2012

Vintage Christmas

Hey all! This is the 2nd NOTD for Christmas of my 12 Christmas Nail Design series. And though I've called it Vintage Christmas, its really a mix between vintage and retro. This design was inspired by this Retro Christmas Card I saw in Etsy (view it here) but the colours are really vintage. 

Lacqueerisa: Vintage Christmas

When I saw the Christmas card, I was prepared, to change my title to Retro Christmas, plus I thought that'd be something different for a change. But.... after so many fail attempts for detailed snowflake, I just threw that idea away. Lol. I've even thought of changing my whole plan and go for a different nail art all together. But, I really liked the stripes, the colours and the idea of snowflake on them. Which is why, in the end, I settled with this look and a really simplified star-looking snowflakes with little dots of snow. 

Lacqueerisa: Vintage Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Vintage Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Vintage Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Vintage Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Vintage Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Vintage Christmas

While I was still doing this NOTD, I saw Jessie from Nailed It NZ posted a stripe tutorial (seriously its awesome!) Although I've did mine in a very tedious way, I was surprised we thought of the similar colour scheme! Haha! I think it just shows how well these colours goes together :P 

So, I hope you've enjoyed looking at these nails. While I continue to enjoy sipping my Peppermint Mocha Frappucino ;) Gotta love peppermints during this time of the year. Haha! Have a great day y'all! 

Nail polishes and tools used:

  • BeauKiss (BK) - 02
  • Lioele - 39
  • Revlon - Pretty in Papaya
  • Etude House - GR605
  • 17 - Wave
  • Skin Food Nail Vita - BW704
  • Make up sponge
  • Nail art brush
  • Toothpick






 

14 comments:

  1. This manicure is so cheery! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. So retro and so cool! Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! It really gets me in the mood for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Thank you! Haha! I know! They got me into Christmas mood as well :D

      Delete
  4. Wow these are lovely!

    beautyandfashionsavvy.blogspot.com

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberley! Thank you! And happy to hear you enjoy this nail art ^^

      Delete
  5. Oh, I see my name! Yay! These look super cute, the simple snowflakes look perfect over the top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your tutorial is so simple, totally worth the share! :D

      Delete
  6. oh gawd.. very pretty, but it looks like so much work! i'm always curious about nail photos. we always end up seeing one side only... so what does your other side look like? i know mine always looks better on one side then the other! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks! It's pretty tedious, but I suppose something simpler would be leave out the snowflakes(they were a real pain!) and just go with tiny snow dots. I modified my toothpick for smaller tip (lol!).

      For this mani I've only done one side. Because I'm working on a series, I wouldn't want to change too many times (sometimes I'd like to admire them a little longer :P ) So ok, to answer your question, as much as I'd love to say "they look just as good!" - that will almost never happened. Hahaha! They won't be as good. And they are bound to take much longer time to accomplish. =P

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!